This week has flown by. It feels like autumn is in the air even if this Friday afternoon has been lovely and sunny.
What are you up to this weekend? Sumit is off to spend the weekend in the archipelago with some other daddies, and the boys are going for a sleepover with my in-laws. Léonie and I are planning to take a couple of long walks, drink lots of coffee and maybe get a couple of projects done around the apartment. And we might go to a parenting class about self esteem.
Here are some good links for the weekend!
I love this scarf/blanket by Coveted Things.
Hello stranger on the street, could you please tell me how to take care of my baby?
I loved this airy cotton blouse from H&M so much that I went back the next day and bought another in another color.
I loved these photos of Pink and Gwen Stefani nursing their babies. Read More
Posted in DIY, Fashion, It's Friday, Personal, Uncategorized Tagged baby blanket, blouse, bracelet, Breastfeeding, celebrity, coveted things, cross-stitch, DIY, Fashion, friday round-up, H&M, IKEA, instagram, it's friday, Parenting, Play mat, polyvore, shirt, sids, surprise wedding
It’s been ages, I know, and so much has happened since I last blogged. But I’m feeling the itch and so I’m back. I can’t promise a post every day but I will promise to share what we are into as it happens.
As little as I have blogged for the past year, I have been sharing photos from our everyday life on Instagram. Do you instagram? I try to share a couple of photos almost every day and there are so many inspiring feeds to follow!
Here’s a little recap and some photos of what’s been going on since I’ve been gone…
Alec is firmly a preschooler with a lot on his mind and a lot to say about everything around him. He really keeps us on our toes and it is so much fun to see the world through his eyes.
Little Baby Louis is no longer a baby, but a rambunctious (actually pretty wild) little toddler now. He sings constantly, can trash a room faster than a rock star and is constantly thinking of new mischief to get into. He is also incredibly social and affectionate and loves to cuddle.
Posted in Alec, Instagram, Kiddos, Léonie, Louis, Personal Tagged Alec, citykids, country, instagram, léonie, louis, Stockholm, ulvåsa, update
One of my sister Sofia’s besties, Maude, is getting married in the spring in South Africa! When she came to visit in the country this summer, we talked about wedding planning and looked at a magazine feature of our wedding. We actually had three weddings: a civil wedding ceremony at Stockholm’s City Hall (Stadshuset – where they hold the yearly dinner for the Nobel laureates) which is when we were legally married, a “small” Indian wedding (only 4 events and 250 guests) in Stockholm and a relaxed western wedding in Sardinia in Italy.
Here are some of my favourite details from our wedding(s):
1. We had our closest friends and family down to Sardinia for a long weekend and we wanted it to feel like a vacation. So we compiled as much info as we could about the destination on a wedding website. When guests arrived, we had welcoming committees at each airport, and upon arrival to their hotels, and then on each morning following, they received a letter with relevant information for that day. We included restaurant, ice cream, tourist and beach tips, helpful phrases, ideas for souvenirs, what to eat, as well as practical information like where to fill up their rental cars before returning them at the airport etc. We also had a cocktail party the evening before the wedding, and a beach picnic the day after. Read More
As you might have noticed, I’ve been on a little break from blogging lately. I’m bubbling over with ideas, so I don’t think it will be much longer before I start up again. Until then, please like Mini Piccolini on Facebook so you don’t miss out when I start posting again. I am also doing a ton of Instagraming lately. Follow me on Instagram here. And meet back here soon!
Louis’ little friend Flora is turning one soon!
She’s an April baby, and, being an April girl myself, I happen to know that her birth stone is diamond. So what better theme for her first birthday party than Breakfast at Tiffany’s!? LOVE it! My mind is teeming with ideas.
There are a ton of gorgeous Tiffany’s-inspired invitations available on Etsy. Here are the ones I like best (click on the pic for sources):
Posted in Birthday Parties Tagged aqua poms, birthday party inspiration, breakfast at tiffany's birthday party, breakfast at tiffany's dress, diamond ring cupcake, First birthday, first party, flora, macaroons, martha stewart ring cupcakes, tiffany's macarons
This is the most delicious banana bread in the universe. You will never taste a yummier banana bread. I promise.
Here is the recipe:
CHUNKY MONKEY BANANA BREAD
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 150 ml milk
- 450 ml flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 bananas
- 200 ml walnuts
- 200 ml chocolate chunks
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees c.
2. Melt butter and add milk.
3. Mix dry ingredients.
4. Beat egg and sugar til it’s fluffy.
5. Mix butter mixture, dry ingredients and egg and sugar together.
6. Mash bananas and add bananas, walnuts, chocolate to batter.
7. Grease a bread tin, fill it and bake ca 45 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick comes out cleanish. Enjoy!
(It makes a great gift too!)