Little A’s birthday is coming up. Since he has a December birthday – the day before Lucia is celebrated here in Sweden – we always have a glögg (Swedish mulled wine) party for close family and his godparents on the big day. It’s traditional to serve gingersnaps and saffron buns with glögg, but since it’s a birthday I try to find ways to make it a little more unique and special. Last year I made gorgeous golden saffron truffles and they were a huge hit.
This year I’ve discovered the most delicious (organic!) gingersnaps in the world. Louis and Alec think it’s so exciting that they’re the most delicious in the entire world. They’re really spicy and I thought they might be great with white chocolate. So I filled them with white chocolate ganache and dusted icing sugar over them and they are heavenly. I can’t wait to serve them on Alec’s big day!
Click past the break for the easy recipe.
White Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 100 gr white chocolate
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan but don’t let it boil.
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and put it in a bowl.
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate and stir continuously until the chocolate is melted smooth.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least six hours.
- Whip the cooled mixture until the desired consistency is reached. I like it to be pretty stiff and buttery.
- Fill a piping bag and pipe the ganache onto half of the gingersnaps and press another cookie on top.
- Dusty the sandwiches with icing sugar or decorate with icing. Store in the refrigerator.