Cake pops are a fun addition to any celebration, so I knew that’s what I had to make for The Creative Collective’s Easter Candy theme today!
Cake pops can be a little tricky but these are no-bake with very few ingredients and they are delicious. They are always a hit at any party and I’m excited to give these as gifts this Easter!
Click past the break for the recipe!
I made my little chicks without sticks since I want to give them as gifts in an egg carton but it was easy to just spear the pops on cake pop sticks afterwards (if you can live with a flat bottom instead of a rounded one).
(I made 40ish cake pops using these amounts)
NO-BAKE OREO CHEESECAKE EASTER CHICK CAKE POPS
- 4 rows of oreo cookies
- 300gr cream cheese
- candy melts
- sugar paste
- gel food coloring
- dark chocolate
- In a mixer or food processor, crush the oreo cookies into fine crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, use a spatula to soften the cream cheese and mix the cookie crumbs into the cream cheese until you have a big black ball of oreo mix. If you need to, you can chill the mixture for a little bit to make it easier to form balls.
- Roll the mixture into little balls and keep them in the fridge.
- Make the chick wings and beaks out of sugar paste (they’re easier to “apply” if they’ve had a few minutes to dry out and harden a little). I colored white sugare paste with gel food coloring and added a bit of icing sugar if the paste got too sticky. I formed little triangle beaks and drop-shaped flat wings.
- Melt candy melts in a bowl over a small pot of simmering water. The melts harden quite quickly, so you may need to keep return them to the heat after a few minutes. Put your cake ball in a spoon and pour the melted candy over it with another spoon, then tip it onto parchment paper to harden. Add the beaks and wings before the cake pops harden (if you’re too slow, you can always dip the wings in a bit of candy melt and use that to attach them to the pops).
- Melt a little dark chocolate in the same way as the candy melts. Use a piping bag with a small tip to pipe little chocolate dot eyes above the beaks.
- Store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
Today, all of us bloggers in The Creative Collective Sweden are sharing something candy-themed to make for Easter. Join us by posting what you make for Easter using the hashtag #tccseaster. We can’t wait to see what you’re up to!
The Creative Collective is made up of: Willowday, Mormorsglamour, Craft and Creativity, Hemma med Helena, Pysselbolaget, Lina by the bay, Pastill, Mini Piccolini, Hildas Hem, Made by Mary. Hurry to our blogs to see what we’ve made for today!