It’s the season for pumpkin cupcakes!
These are so so delicious. You will not be able to get enough! I’ve made them as cupcakes, mini cupcakes and even as a cake (bake in a tin, divide into two or three layers, use tons of frosting).
Click past the break for the recipe and get baking!
SPICY PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- To make frosting: Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add butter, and beat until fluffy. Reduce speed to low; gradually add sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, and mix to combine.