Meredith Kahn is featured on The Glow together with her daughter Grayson in their Brooklyn apartment. It’s a lovely feature with lots of great beauty and style tips for new mothers and mothers to be. At the time of the feature, Kahn was expecting her second child and said that “the most surprising thing about being a mother (that no one tells you) is that it’s harder than it looks—it will change you forever.” I couldn’t agree with her more!
She also shared a few of her favourite things:
1. “I developed a love for perfume once I had my daughter. I’d worn Egyptian musk oil since I was 12 and was never ever into perfume—now I’m obsessed!
2. Fresh flowers remind me that I’m an adult, amidst all of the toys.
3. Find a great scarf and wear it so it’s handy while you’re nursing or even to tie your baby up in a sling. When you’re a new mom, you’re kind of like a nomad when you leave the house.
4. Buy a small purse to keep all of your personal items in, and use a cute cotton tote for the baby’s needs. Totes work great for men, too.
5. I try to take the time I get to myself and use it well. On the weekends, I take an extra long bath.”