Olivia is a childhood friend of mine. Our fathers are great friends. Her father is my godfather and my dad is her godfather. Olivia’s little boy Caspar was born just a month before Alec. Here are Olivia and Caspar’s favourite things:
1. BABYNEST. It was so practical to have in between us in our bed when Caspar was a newborn. Then we moved it to the crib so he still felt secure. It was also great to have when we spent a night away from home so that Caspar felt “at home”.
2. STOKEE XPLORY. It’s so wonderful to have eye contact with your child all the time since he’s so high up. Caspar flirts with everyone he passes when we’re out and about and he is always rewarded with smiles. When he was really little it was also great not to have to lean down into the stroller all the time to see that he was alright, I could always keep a close eye on him.
3. DOORWAY JUMPER. As soon as Caspar is tired and fussy, we put him in the jumper and he suddenly gets a second wind, jumping around like the energizer bunny and laughing his little head off. It’s perfect for that critical hour before bedtime when he can be difficult to keep occupied.
4. WALKER. Freedom! Caspar is able to move around on his own. He isn’t crawling yet so he has to be carried everywhere except wherever he can go by himself in his walker.
5. UMAMI TASTE TEASER. This is a really smart product. Caspar is so curious and always wants to taste everything. Unfortunately his tummy just isn’t ready for that yet. With the taste teaser, he gets to taste everything himself without actually eating too much. There is no risk of choking and it’s much less messy. Bananas and peas are the current favourites. Especially great for chilled foods since he’s teething.
6. Sophie The Giraffe. Chew chew chew. Poor Sophie has to put up with being chewed on several times every day.
Olivia also included a list of Caspar’s own unofficial favourites including Olivia’s key ring and the Teletubbies intro. 😉