One of my sister Sofia’s besties, Maude, is getting married in the spring in South Africa! When she came to visit in the country this summer, we talked about wedding planning and looked at a magazine feature of our wedding. We actually had three weddings: a civil wedding ceremony at Stockholm’s City Hall (Stadshuset – where they hold the yearly dinner for the Nobel laureates) which is when we were legally married, a “small” Indian wedding (only 4 events and 250 guests) in Stockholm and a relaxed western wedding in Sardinia in Italy.
Here are some of my favourite details from our wedding(s):
1. We had our closest friends and family down to Sardinia for a long weekend and we wanted it to feel like a vacation. So we compiled as much info as we could about the destination on a wedding website. When guests arrived, we had welcoming committees at each airport, and upon arrival to their hotels, and then on each morning following, they received a letter with relevant information for that day. We included restaurant, ice cream, tourist and beach tips, helpful phrases, ideas for souvenirs, what to eat, as well as practical information like where to fill up their rental cars before returning them at the airport etc. We also had a cocktail party the evening before the wedding, and a beach picnic the day after. Read More
As you might have noticed, I’ve been on a little break from blogging lately. I’m bubbling over with ideas, so I don’t think it will be much longer before I start up again. Until then, please like Mini Piccolini on Facebook so you don’t miss out when I start posting again. I am also doing a ton of Instagraming lately. Follow me on Instagram here. And meet back here soon!
Louis’ little friend Flora is turning one soon!
She’s an April baby, and, being an April girl myself, I happen to know that her birth stone is diamond. So what better theme for her first birthday party than Breakfast at Tiffany’s!? LOVE it! My mind is teeming with ideas.
There are a ton of gorgeous Tiffany’s-inspired invitations available on Etsy. Here are the ones I like best (click on the pic for sources):
Posted in Birthday Parties Tagged aqua poms, birthday party inspiration, breakfast at tiffany's birthday party, breakfast at tiffany's dress, diamond ring cupcake, First birthday, first party, flora, macaroons, martha stewart ring cupcakes, tiffany's macarons
This is the most delicious banana bread in the universe. You will never taste a yummier banana bread. I promise.
Here is the recipe:
CHUNKY MONKEY BANANA BREAD
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 150 ml milk
- 450 ml flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 bananas
- 200 ml walnuts
- 200 ml chocolate chunks
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees c.
2. Melt butter and add milk.
3. Mix dry ingredients.
4. Beat egg and sugar til it’s fluffy.
5. Mix butter mixture, dry ingredients and egg and sugar together.
6. Mash bananas and add bananas, walnuts, chocolate to batter.
7. Grease a bread tin, fill it and bake ca 45 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick comes out cleanish. Enjoy!
(It makes a great gift too!)
When we were expecting Alec I considered little lambs as a theme for his nursery. It’s really the perfect nursery theme: there are a ton of lamb things available to buy and the color palette is lends itself to is so restful and serene, dreamy, airy, comforting and fluffy. Just look at this beautiful “sleepy sheep” nursery for Baby E.
By Simply Bloom Photography via Spearmint Baby.
Posted in Baby, Nursery Tagged blue nursery, gray nursery, grey nursery, lamb mobile, lamb nursery, lamb rocker, lamb theme, neutral nursery, nursery inspiration, sheep mobile, sheep nursery, simply bloom, Sleep Sheep, soothing nursery, Spearmint Baby, vintage crib, white nursery
I am on a mission to lessen our use of plastic. Especially for the children. And especially for things that end up in their mouths (which is most things they come into contact with). It’s a health thing for me, but there are of course environmental aspects as well.
I’m not going crazy with this but I am trying to make some changes:
GLASS BABY BOTTLES
I started with the most obvious: baby bottles. We’ve switched to Life Factory glass bottles.
I love these bottles. They make me so happy. Read More
Posted in Alec, Baby, Baby Gear, Favourite Things, For Baby, For Dad, For Kids, For Mum, Kiddos, Louis, Parenting Tagged glass baby bottles, klean kanteen, lessening use of plastic, life factory, stainless sippy